1. Curriculum development direction
According to the "Kindergarten Education Curriculum Guidelines 2017", schools should formulate their curriculum in accordance with the basic principles of "child development" and "child learning", taking into account children's interests, needs and abilities, creating an environment that inspires their multiple intelligences, and through life experience, sensory contact, various exploration activities and interesting games that allow them to develop in a balanced manner.
The school adopts a comprehensive curriculum to learn the three important elements of "knowledge", "skills", and "values and attitudes", which combine "physical fitness and health", "language", "children's mathematics", "nature and life" ", "Individuals and Groups" and "Art and Creativity" or the six learning areas of content organization, that allow children to learn the interrelationships and interconnections between subjects to subjects, ensuring that the subjects can be closely coherent or integrated for implementation of Five early childhood development goals which are "morality", "physical ", "cognition and language", "affection and sociality" and "aesthetics". In the spirit of "Bowen Charity", the school has set the following school-based curriculum goals:
Through the theme of life,
With a comprehensive and balanced curriculum,
Cultivate children through playing games
Children who are confident, independent, self-learning, self-disciplined, brave to assume and innovative
2. School-based goals
Our School with the development needs and interests of children has set the overall goals according to the scope of learning at each level:
Have the courage to try and create new ideas
Artistic life exhibition potential
In order to help the children learn more comprehensive, more flexible and diversified, pressing the development of children at all levels will be planning the following objectives:
(N) ~ Use the five senses and the body to understand things and be curious about things.
(K1)~ Know how to discover changes in things and become interested in events
(K2)~ Know how to compare and master the basic methods of observing and asking questions about things.
(K3)~ Know how to ask questions, make assumptions, and experience and understand the relationship between people and things through different methods.
Through the above development goals at all levels, we hope to eventually achieve:
Positivity to the family
Emotional society, Social music and Harmony
Art and Creativity Exhibition and Fun
Health and Happiness while growing up
3. Principles of design Curriculum
The child-centered curriculum design, in accordance with the development needs and abilities of young children, children with life experience based, drawing from living environment, causing interest in learning children
3.2 Play as a strategy
- Comprehensive curriculum is a kind of curriculum organization that runs through the boundaries of subject teaching materials, focuses on a wide range of life problems or a broad field of study, and combines various divided courses into meaningful connections. Implement learning in a real situation, combine the children's personal experience, through activity courses, let children actually operate or practice, and integrate subject knowledge and life experience through the process of experience.
- Adopting the Montessori philosophy, in a free and open learning and growth space, various activities in the environment are carried out in a life-like way of activities. In the prepared environment, the teacher observes and then follows the children's individual development interests, pace and need to guide, and then let children start spontaneous exploration and learning, and cultivate their senses of order, independence, spontaneity, self-learning, and self-discipline.
- The use of play-based learning activities, try to play a wide range of "Process" to encourage learning, including interactive, collaborative and peer learning, strengthen education and community feelings than just education, can also help learners develop and build intelligent attitude and learning to learn ability, through the flexibility of learning and teaching strategies, teachers should ensure that children's learning is holistic and meaningful, so that children's learning can meet with the established goals.
3.3 Comprehensive and balanced
The curriculum design takes into account the balanced and comprehensive development needs of children, and takes into account five development goals: "morality", "cognitive language", "physcial", "affection and sociality", and "aesthetic"; it also takes into account physical fitness and health, language, early childhood mathematics, self and society , nature and living, art and creativity, and related knowledge concepts, skills, values and attitudes.
3.4 Moral education and emotional social cultivation and development
The school focuses on the cultivation and development of children’s moral education and emotional social interaction. Teachers should coordinate with children’s development and characteristics, and select appropriate key points in accordance with the school’s philosophy and school conditions to cultivate children’s positive values and attitudes, such as perseverance, care, and responsibility in order to plan school-based moral education; let children experience and practice good moral and emotional social experience in a daily learning environment full of interpersonal interaction.